Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Quilting Bee

One of the ladies in my ward at church recently lost her baby when she was around 38 weeks pregnant. Some of the other women decided to make her a lap quilt to let her know that she is loved. Although I personally don’t know the lady who lost her baby, I was more than happy to help make a quilt for her. I couldn’t make it to the first day when everyone got together to work on it, but I did help piecing it together the second day and I took it home to finish putting the borders on it before it is sent off to be quilted.

It was really a lot of fun to get together with a bunch of friends and work on something like this. It reminded me of what it might have been like back in the day when it was commonplace for women to get together at quilting bees and work on their quilts. I am so grateful to belong to an organization where I still feel that old-fashioned sense of sisterhood.

Here is a picture of the finished quilt top before it gets sent off to be quilted:005
Here is a closer picture so you can see the cute fabrics, which I absolutely LOVE! The girls who picked them out did a great job. I am not sure which line of fabric it is, but I know it is by Moda. 006

1 comment:

  1. what a lovely quilt, made with lots of love, I am sure its new owner will hold it very dear.Jane x

    ReplyDelete