Sunday, November 14, 2010

Turkey Hand Print Shirt

002
I saw this turkey shirt idea online and decided my two year old had to have one. I chose to do a few things differently.  I used buttons instead of googly eyes and I stitched everything down after I fused it with Heat n Bond. I wanted to make sure I can wash it because my daughter is seriously messy and even though the permanent kind of Heat n Bond says you can wash it, sometimes it starts to peel up. Another thing I ended up doing was cutting off the thumbs before I fused the hands down. The way I had everything placed, the thumbs didn’t show anyway and they just added extra bulk so I opted to get rid of them.

I linked up at:
Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! I like that shirt a lot. I think I will copy it next year. I like the print you used and think you were wise to use buttons for the eyes. Googly eyes always throw me off...it's like looking at a cross-eyed thing. Weird. :)

    ReplyDelete