Monday, August 2, 2010

Etched Glass Jar

A few weeks ago when I had the baby shower, I asked around to find a punch bowl. A friend of mine told me I could use hers. I was thrilled when I went to pick it up and saw that it wasn't your granny's punch bowl. She used a large glass cookie jar with a ladle for a more modern looking punch bowl. I tied a big bow around in and was instantly in love. It follows, of course, that I had to go buy myself one. I found a big 2 gallon glass jar with lid at Wal-Mart for just under $10.

I have been wanting to try etching glass for some time now and decided this great big jar was the perfect opportunity to try it. I got out my Cricut and cut out an "S" for our last name and some leafy decorations on vinyl. I applied the vinyl to the glass and followed the instructions on the etching cream bottle.
After rinsing off the etching cream and removing the vinyl, I added a ribbon and there you have it...
My very own personalized punch bowl/cookie jar.



I linked up at:
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up       party!
giveawaysTT 125

No comments:

Post a Comment