Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Beach Baby Shower

I threw a beach themed baby shower for one of my good friends last night. I thought the cake would be super easy. I made the surfboards and little flowers ahead of time. All I was going to have to do was bake, frost, and slap on the decorations. Unfortunately, the top layer was lemon with a lemon filling that was very slippery so I had a heck of a time layering and frosting the cake. The whole cake was leaning pretty bad by the time I was done, but it survived. I really had much highter expectations for this one, but everyone else seemed to think it was great so I guess I should be happy with it.

While the cake didn't turn out as cute as I had hoped, I loved the way the party decorations turned out. I made a bunch of them from scrapbook paper and tissue paper. I bought some others on clearance at Wal-Mart. Overall, I spent a relatively small amount on decorations and I am going to use them again next month for Hailey's birthday. I told her she has no choice on the theme.
I have several of these ugly folding chairs that I needed a quick fix for so I bought some beach towels from the dollar bin at Target, fused on some surfboard print fabric, and added a tie to each side to keep them in place.
 This is how they turned out. And I can still use them as beach towels if I want to.

Here's the new mom with the blanket I made for her ADORABLE baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment